News The Return of KitPvP!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SkellyX, May 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone,

Firstly, Lac and I would like to express a huge thank you to everyone who participated in our suggestion survey. Overall it has received some great responses and we’ve been taking note. We have read all of the responses thoroughly and the one thing that stood out to us - one thing that 70% of everyone who answered seemed keen on us bringing back - and that’s KitPvP!

Well, we’re excited to announce that KitPvP is indeed coming back and will be replacing Ditto! This decision was also helped by the results of a recent strawpoll we put out. We have actually been working on this since before the suggestion survey went out, so it’s definitely a good thing to see that so many of you would like to see it return. With that said, there is no official release date on this yet so please don't constantly ask about this, we still have a bit left to do. However, we thought we’d inform you all sooner rather than later, so if you guys had any suggestions on what you’d like to see, we can begin to take them into consideration before it’s too late. Another thing we’d like to share with you - that may be somewhat controversial - is that we have decided to bring back an old favorite, and that is our former server, Mineslam’s, most recent KitPvP map. Now, this map will not be exactly the same; we, along with our build team, are working on upgrading it. It will have the same feel, but a slightly different look and contain some new features. Some of you may be sceptical about this idea, however, we feel it would be a nice addition, to bring back a map on which a lot of our members had so many awesome times. We will do our best to give a brand new feel to this map and give you a better playing experience, it is important to understand that we're not simply adding an exact copy of the old server. I hope many of you will appreciate this.

Now, I know you’re probably thinking, what about everything else on the suggestion survey? What about the current gamemodes? When are new gamemodes coming? Trust me, we will get there. We have many awesome plans in the pipeline based on the data we received from the survey. We intend to be very proactive in ensuring the Minecart moves forward and improves, whilst also ensuring everything we do is logical and realistic. The summer is nearly upon us and we have some exciting times ahead, however, please be patient with us as it is all a work in progress.

Finally, just reassure everyone, if you had a rank on our previous KitPvP server, it will be transferred and converted accordingly to match our new ranks on the new KitPvP.

Here are a few spoilers;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Note: If you haven't participated in our Suggestion Survey yet, there is still time to do it. (Click here)

• Like x 11
    • Plus one x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. I see me! - Look forward to the release! :)

3. Looks great! I am very excited.

4. where's skywars!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Savage Savage x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Yesssssss

6. Awesome, I look forward to playing kitPvP

7. Yay, haven't played kitpvp in a really long time :^)

8. This is one of the many steps in the right direction for the server and I'm happy to see it implemented although I have a few questions to ask.
    One of them being the clients, 1.7 or 1.8?
    Another being will it be balanced between donators and non donators?
    Along with will we have a seperate group of staff for Kitpvp like we have for Prison?
    Finally can you add teams/groups of a max cap? Even if we have a poll that allows us to vote on this? To just get the communities input and such? Maybe even adding in koths and events @Dan ;).
    Just some things I'd like to know about personally as I feel moving forward knowing about this stuff it may allow more people to be hyped for this release.

• Like Like x 1
  9. To start it will only be 1.8 with chances of hopefully adding 1.7 in the near future
    There will be a bit of a balance between them, yes. Much than what we had before.
    No, as I honestly don't see the purpouse of this as that would allow the staff who to only be staff on 2 out of the servers, I understand we did that for opprison, but that's how it used to be on OG prison so we figured we should bring that element back into this prison just to give it a more realistic effect. In short, no, all staff other than guards will be staff on KitPvP
    We will most likely be adding koths in the near future if it's something that the community would like to see implemented, as for events I'll leave those up to dan but we've added in all the events that are currently on ditto and I believe he has plans to use those in tournaments.

10. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS OMG

11. I approve ;)

12. Oh and will previous donors who had ranks on the old kitpvp have them back on the new one?

13. Just to clarify why people disapproved of ditto was partly because of no 1.7, I don't personally understand the difference as I was never a 1.7 pvper, but a lot of people do and complain about it, and will teams of up to 5 be implemented ? By having people in your team it means you cannot hit oneother, kinda like the party for mcmmo, you could just disable the effects of mcmmo and use the party commands I suppose

14. Also, can you someway refund the Outcasts purchases in this maybe?

15. Im taking a break but imma come on for the release

16. I don't think the fact that it just not being 1.7 was the reason it died, it got really repetitive in my opinion and just became boring, And I'm sure we can add a max for teams, yes

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. Butch, when 1.8 came out a glitch appeared where your mouse was a bit behind where you are looking at. There is actually a fix with a simple mod that fixes it and makes it like 1.7 though that mod would have to be allowed on this server to use it

• Dislike Dislike x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.